Program Map (7.1mb pdf)
Site Recovery Program
Terre Haute Residential Development Program
Incentives Offered by the City of Terre Haute
Incentives offered on all sites (city or privately owned):
- Sewer tap on fee will be reimbursed
- City of Terre Haute will reimburse up to $5,000 spend toward the following:
- Repair or replacement of sidewalks rated 6 or worse by Department of Engineering standards.
- Repair or replacement of curbs rated 6 or worse by Department of Engineering standards.
- Repair of substandard sewer lateral pipe or installation of new sewer lateral pipe between the property line and the public main sewer as determined by the Dept. of Engineering.
- Repair of sidewalks, curb, pavement or tree row above sewer as necessitated by (c).
Incentives offered on city-owned sites, in addition to the above incentives:
- City-owned building site will be offered for $1 from Site Recovery Program.
- City will provide a 4-pin survey of the site.
- The City will provide up to $100,000 of title insurance.
- The City will clear trash, brush and undesirable trees.
- Eligible sites must measure no less than 40’ X 120’.
- Residence must be built on-site.
- Must comply with existing zoning or pay for rezoning.
- Must build with a roof pitch not less than 6/12, or block average if more than 6/12
- Must face front door to the street.
- Must have minimum 15 square feet of window(s) facing street.
- Must have minimum 40 square feet of covered front porch.
- Must have no more than 5 sites under development at a time.
- Must complete construction within one year of date of deed.
- Must use licensed and bonded contractors for all life safety items.
- Must submit to the Department of Redevelopment GIS site map, site plan, elevations
and floor plan.
- Must use average set backs for the block where possible.
- Must have sidewalk connecting front porch to the sidewalk or street.
- Must provide proof of financial capacity to complete construction.
- Must comply all applicable permitting and inspections.